Sunday, April 23, 2017

Cauliflower Cheese Soup

So I was out of frozen broccoli, but had a ton of cauliflower....so I went recipe hunting. This is SO good. It tastes like baked potato soup but there are no carbs!  And add in the bacon...seriously, it is like candy in there!  Everyone at game night loved it as well!

I also did this with vegetable broth (and no bacon...sad face...) during Lent and it was still good!

Cauliflower Cheese Soup
Modified from Real Housemoms
1 (32 oz) box chicken broth
1 head of cauliflower (so I used two bags of frozen as I freeze my own each year)
1 cup onions
2 garlic cloves
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. salt
3 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
1/2 cup heavy cream
6 slices of bacon, cooked and crumbled
Put cauliflower, chicken broth, onions, garlic and S&P.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours. 
Use immersion blender (you can always use the regular blender, but seriously that immersion blender....LOVE LOVE LOVE it!) to puree.  Add shredded cheese and cream, stir. 
Top with bacon and possibly more cheese.
Serves 6.

No comments: