Monday, December 28, 2015

Gearing up for Lent

I always cook more fish during Lent and one thing that I have issues with is leftover fish as I think it reheats poorly (I don't like fish much to start with...).  We serve a lot of halibut well because my family goes halibut fishing. So this recipe, which uses leftover (already cooked) halibut is a good for me. These are very rich cakes, so one with a salad is good.  It might want a sauce...I might try it with the sauce from my tuna cakes this Lent and let you all know. Anyway, while this says halibut, any white fish would probably be fine.

Halibut Cakes
 
Modified from The Halibut Barn
 
1 lb halibut, cooked and flaked
1 cup breadcrumbs (preferably Italian, but whatever)
1 large egg
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp pepper
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp dry mustard
Oil for frying

Mix together all but halibut.  Add halibut and mix gently.  Shape into 6 cakes and cook in hot oil until browned (aout 5 minutes). 
 
Makes 6 cakes. 

No comments: