Monday, December 28, 2015

Crown Royal Cookies

Ray saw this recipe online and talked me into trying it.  My husband barely drinks, but if he does it is only the "hard" stuff and usually Crown Royal so these make sense for him.  They were pretty good.   They taste like a chocolate cookie - I am not sure I'd pick out whiskey in then if I hadn't cooked them, but they were a fun novelty. 

Crown Royal Cookies
Modified from Bailey's Bites

1/2 cup butter
1 1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup cocoa powder (I used unsweetened)
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1/2 cup Maple Crown Royal (the original recipe I saw had the maple version in it and that's what I used, but you can use any version you want)
12/ tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/4 cups flour
 
Preheat oven to 375.  Cream butter, cocoa powder and sugar.  Add in eggs one at a time.  Add vanilla.  Mix in whiskey.  Add in flour, baking soda nad salt until combined.  Drop onto cookie sheet by tablespoonful.  Bakes for 12 minutes (mine took about 14).  Cook on a rack.

Makes 2-3 dozen.

No comments: