Sunday, December 27, 2015

Crockpot Breakfast Casserole

I hosted Christmas breakfast again this year.  I liked last year's casserole, but it wasn't perfect for Ray so I tried a new one. He liked this one much better and I even liked it and I don't like breakfast sausage.  I used Italian sausage last year and I think that was part of the problem for Ray. I used maple breakfast sausage this year. 

Breakfast Casserole
Modified from Stockpiling Moms

1 dozen eggs
1 cup milk
1 pkg (32 oz) frozen hash browns
1 lb sausage and/or bacon (I used both and probably close to 1.5 lb total)
2 cups Colby  jack, shredded
1/4 tsp dry mustard (I think this wasn't enough...I will use some more in the future)
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup onion, diced
1 green pepper, diced

Spray crockpot with nonstick cooking spray.  Layer potatoes, meat, onions, green peppers and 1 cup cheddar in crock pot in three layers.  Sprinkle remaining cup of cheese on top.  Beat eggs, milk and spicees.  Pour over cheese evenly in crockpot.  Cook on low for 7-8 hours or until eggs are set and thoroughly cooked. 

Makes 8-10 servings (a lot!)

No comments: