Friday, September 25, 2015

Milk Bread

I had a half can of sweetened condensed milk left over from making strawberry trifle and nothing to do with it. So I went to google to see...and found this recipe!  Now the original recipe has you bake in the oven, and just do the dough.  I read the comments and took that advice. This worked great!  I actually only make dough in my bread maker because I don't think the bread is usually that good, but this was tender and yummy and so great.  And SO EASY!!! Plus no waste! :)

Milk Bread
1 cup water
1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk (this is a good use up as this isn't an entire can and any receipt that uses some will probably have this much left over...that's why I tried this!)
1 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter
3 1/3 cups bread flour (and I did use bread flour which I keep in the house)
2 tsp yeast

Put all ingredients in bread maker, in the order recommended by your machine.  Set to sweet bread, 1.5 lb loaf, and let go. 

No comments: