Sunday, August 16, 2015

Strawberries and Cream Trifle

 
I made this as the request of my sister-in-law as she wanted something lighter in calories.  This got rave reviews from both her and my husband.   Definitely a winner and really not hard at all! It also definitely looks really pretty as well.
 
Strawberries and Cream Trifle
Modified from Taste of Home

1/2 cup sweetened, fat free, condensed milk [they didn't say fat free, but I found some at my store]
1 1/2 cup cold water
1 pkg (1 oz) sugar-free vanilla pudding mix
1 carton (8 oz) frozen reduced fat-whipped topping, thawed
1 angel food cake (8-10 oz) [I plan to make this next time, this time I bought one at the grocery store]
4 1/2 cups sliced fresh strawberries

Whisk milk and water.  Whisk in pudding mix for 2 minutes.  Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft set.  Fold in whipped topping. 

Cut cake into 1/2 inch cubes. 
 
Spoon a third of the pudding mixture into a trifle bowl.  Top with half of the cake cubes and sliced strawberries.  Repeat layers once.  Top with remaining pudding mixture.  Garnish with strawberries (they used whole, I didn't).

Serves 12.

No comments: