Saturday, May 24, 2014

Roasted Brussel Sprouts

A friend made these at Thanksgiving...oh, my goodness, are they GOOD.  And I've never had Brussels sprouts I've actually liked before.  These were fabulous!

Roasted Brussels Sprouts
Modified from Nom Nom Paleo
 
1 1/2 lbs Brussels sprouts
2-3 tbsp. melted butter
salt and pepper
4 slices bacon, diced
balsamic vinegar
 
Preheat to 400.  Trim up Brussels sprouts as necessary and cut them in half.  Toss in melted butter, salt and pepper.
 
Dump them on a foil baking sheet, making one even layer.  Sprinkle on bacon.
 
Roast for 30-35 minutes, turning them every 10 minutes.  Drizzle balsamic vinegar on finished dish. 

2 comments:

Christine said...

This sounds amazing... So a dumb question, but the bacon is raw at the beginning and cooks as you bake the sprouts with it? Or something else? Illumine me.

Jennie W said...

Raw and it cooks with the sprouts. I thought that was weird, too, but it tasted great at the end! I haven't actually made this myself - a friend made it at Easter.