Friday, May 23, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

 
I've continued my experiments with Splenda....this time I just used the recipe off the bag of the brown sugar blend bag and I was pretty happy with the results!  The cookies were good and rose reasonably!
 
 
From the back of the Splenda Brown Sugar bag
 
2 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup melted butter
1 cup Splenda brown sugar blend
2 eggs (they say large, I always use extra large)
1 tbsp vanilla
1 pkg (12 oz) semi-sweet chocolate chips (they said 2 cups)
 
Preheat to 375.  Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a small bowl. Set aside.
 
Mix butter and brown sugar blend in a large bowl.  Stir in eggs.  Add vanilla.  Then stir in flour mixture.  Fold in chocolate chips.
 
Drop by rounded teaspoonful onto baking sheet.  Bake for 11-13 minutes.  Add to site for 2 minutes before moving to wire rack to cool.
 
Makes about 3 dozen cookies.


No comments: