Thursday, March 21, 2013

Chocolate Chip Bread

This was so good!  I was really happy with it!  And it seems like it will be very versatile, I plan to try it with butterscotch chips for my mom, for sure!

Chocolate Chip Bread
Modified from Diana's Desserts
 
4 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1 tbsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
2 eggs
1 3/4 cups milk
2/3 cup oil
1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups walnuts (optional...I didn't use these, no surprise)
 
Preheat to 350 and grease pans. 
 
Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a large bowl. 
 
Combine eggs, milk and oil in medium oil.  Add to flour mixture and mix until moistened.  Stir in chips and nuts (if using these).
 
Bake for 55-60 minutes (this is for two 9 by 5 pans, I also did some mini loaves and that was about 35-40 minutes) or until passes toothpick test.  Cool in pans for a few minutes then remove from pans to cool on wire racks. 

No comments: