Thursday, July 22, 2010

Mexican Rice

I was pretty proud of myself as I experimented all on my own - not my strong suit - and it turned out well! I only did 1/2 of the enchilada recipe, so I had 1/2 of jar of chiles, so I threw them in a pot with 1 cup rice and then a can of tomato sauce plus enough water to make 2 cups. Ray rather liked it!

Extra sour cream from the enchiladas made sour cream loaves to send overseas! Good planning! I always try to plan so I don't end with waste on a little used item. I actually cooked my chicken all at once and made chicken wild rice soup as well!

1 comment:

Christine said...

I read your recipe (I think, on facebook?) and it reminded me of this one http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/cottage-cheese-chicken-enchiladas/Detail.aspx

We make it pretty frequently... it's so yummy.