Thursday, August 07, 2008

Stamp Book

Since I was just at three NPS museums, I thought I’d share this idea. We just bought Adam a NPS Passport Book so we could record all his museums for him and have a way of remembering all the places he has been. NPS books aren’t that expensive (under $10, even with tax) and a great way to keep track of your children’s memories. I’m planning on recording all museums, even non-NPS ones, in this book for him, even though those won’t have the stamps – I can make my own notations. We were actually just as the Garfield Monument in Cleveland I did just that, so he'd know when he was there even though it wasn't a NPS site. If you don’t want to buy a book, you could also make one yourself (and probably be more creative with it), but it is a great way to share American history and culture with your children and memorialize it – whether with an NPS booklet or not. As he gets older, I'll keep all the things he does at this museums with the book as well.

No comments: