Friday, June 06, 2008

Garlic Green Beans

With my garden in, now I'm dreaming of fresh produce so I thought I'd get out a recipe for green beans. While my mother-in-law hates green beans, I adore them. I personally hate all other types of beans. Ugh....I can't stand the texture in my mouth...GROSS!! I also feel the same way about pumpkin pie (although I love pumpkin flavored things).

Now I admit, I have to have mine more mushy than many people (I grew up on canned), but not so much that I can't enjoy the taste of FRESH green beans. My mother only likes canned, but I've grown to enjoy fresh alot. I just planted my seeds...come on beans!

Garlic Green Beans
Modified Fanny Farmer
1 lb green beans, cleaned, trimmed and snapped
Butter
Salt and pepper
1/2 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove fresh garlic, minced)

Steam beans, covered in a steamer basket over an inch or so of rapidly boiling water until just tender, about 10-15 minutes (go shorter if you like really hard beans). Drain, toss with butter, salt, pepper and garlic.

Makes 4 servings.

3 comments:

nicole said...

I planted a garden for the first time this year. I finally have a flower bed! And a box where I planted vegetables, even! So far I'm sticking with carrots and leaf lettuce, but I'm proud of it. There are two little tiny carrot spouts now. Hopefully more pop up...I put a few more seeds than that on there!

Expatriate Chef said...

Thanks for your submission to this week's Carnival of Recipes. Don't forget to link your post to the carnival at The Expatriate's Kitchen

Thomas said...

Simple...Tasty... I love it ! :-)