Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Recipes

While Grandma and Grandpa were here we did a little baking and tried two new recipes Grandma had. Both were really great. The Good For You Chocolate Cherry Clusters are delicious and semi-healthy. Plus as they are no-bake, they are easy and kid-friendly to make. Ray loved the lemonade cake (as he loves lemonade). I sent the rest of it into the airport today where I'm sure it got gobbled up as well (there were no extra cherry clusters!).

Lemonade Cake
From Nancy (my cousin)

Cake:
1 pkg lemon Jell-O [the real stuff, not the instant]
3/4 cups hot water
1 pkg lemon cake mix
4 eggs
3/4 cups vegetable oil
Topping:

1/4 lb lemonade [This made no sense to me at the store and it turned out that my cousin Nancy used frozen lemonade, but what we did worked just fine. I used powdered (which I use all the time to make lemonade) lemonade mix. I made a batch of lemonade (normally), then we took about 3/4 cup of it and added extra powder (about 3 tbsp) to make it stronger. We just drank the rest of the batch of lemonade - wouldn't want to waste.:)]

Mix and bake the cake at 300 for 35-40 minutes in buttered and floured pan [you can use a bundt pan or a regular cake pan - we did this in a 13 by 9 regular cake pan, while my cousin did the bundt pan. Since we changed the pan size, we started with the box's recommendation for our size and went from there.] Poke holes in the cake and then pour the lemonade on after its baked. You can serve and store at room temperature.

No comments: