According to the HNN Staff, they are:
- Indepedence was declared on the Fourth of July.
- The Declaration of Indepedence was signed July 4th.
- The Liberty Bell rang in American independence.
- Betsy Ross sewed the first flag.
- John Adams and Thomas Jefferson died on the Fourth of July (this is true)
So on the last one...the rest I already knew...and I knew when Adams and Jefferson died. But they saw there is no proof to the famous Adams quote "Jefferson survives" on his deathbed (which is ironic because Jefferson had just died hours earlier in Virginia and all, but Adams didn't know it) in their article. David McCullough uses that quote in his biography of Adams and I've always heard it, so guess what - I think its true. Adams did say it and whooey on the HNN staff. McCullough quotes the A.B. Johnson papers by the way if anyone cares to look it up.